You may think, “Raw tofu? Yuck!”, but don’t be too quick to judge! This recipe is incredibly quick to make, delicious and healthy! I came up with this bowl during our week-long raw diet while living in a campervan in New Zealand for five weeks. It is vegan, gluten free, raw and paleo, and great for campervan living!
- Baby Kale (or the leaf base of your choice)
- ½ Avocado cubed
- Cherry tomatoes halved
- Raw Alfalfa sprouts
- Mung bean sprouts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Carrot, beet and cabbage salad (mix available at most grocery stores)
- Raw bean sprouts
- Raw tofu
- Soy Sauce
- Unpackage, pat dry with a paper towel, then cube the tofu.
- Place cubed tofu in bowl and pour soy sauce over to marinate. Mix the tofu and soy sauce in the bowl to evenly coat
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!
- For more dressing pour any remaining soy sauce from the tofu marinate over your salad.
- For more protein, add a soft boiled egg (or two!)
Thanks for joining me!
In May 2018, my boyfriend and I packed our bags in D.C. and set off on a year of travel and reflection. I call it “gap year”, but if I am being completely honest, I haven’t stopped working entirely. I established a technical consulting practice and work part-time on the side to help fund excursions!
I have four simple goals for my gap year:
- Exercise often
- Have fun
- Don’t run out of money
- Cut down on single use plastics
The first three are self explanatory, but I’d like to elaborate on the fourth. Did you know that last year, Americans used ~50 billion water bottles? Unfortunately, only 23% were recycled. We could all do better when it comes to producing less waste, and I figured I’d do my part in starting now!
I pledged to not use single use plastic water bottles, which means carrying around a water bottle. As much as I’d like to deny it, I have never been the best at keeping up with things. This water bottle lasted about a month before it was left somewhere. I still have my second water bottle though!
I look forward to sharing itineraries, favorite travel spots, and travel hacks in the coming months!
Stay tuned, and if there is something you’d like to hear about in particular please reach out!