During our five-week New Zealand campervan adventure, we enjoyed cooking in our camper, as well as a week-long spontaneous raw food diet. Below is a list of recipes for when you’ve had the last ramen, or PB&J, that you can stand and need to spruce things up a bit!
Simple Recipe Ideas:
- Greek salad – mix cubed feta, halved cherry tomatoes, sliced and quartered cucumber, kalamata olives or olive tapenade, EVOO + balsamic vinegar and voila! You can add cubed avocado for more protein as well.
- Smoked salmon with side of tzatziki and avocado or exchange the avocado for olive tapenade.
- More to come!
This raw salad is vegan (depending on your choice of pesto), paleo, quick to make and delicious! The first seven ingredients are the same as the Recipe: Raw Tofu Asian Salad Bowl, but instead of tofu/soy sauce simply add pesto!
- Baby Kale (or the leaf base of your choice)
- ½ Avocado cubed
- Cherry tomatoes halved
- Raw Alfalfa sprouts
- Mung bean sprouts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Carrot, beet and cabbage salad (mix available at most grocery stores)
- Pesto – there are a variety of types (traditional non-vegan,
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!
- For more protein, add a thickly shaven parmesan cheese.