During our five-week New Zealand campervan adventure, we enjoyed cooking in our camper, as well as a week-long spontaneous raw food diet. Below is a list of recipes for when you’ve had the last ramen, or PB&J, that you can stand and need to spruce things up a bit!
Simple Recipe Ideas:
- Greek salad – mix cubed feta, halved cherry tomatoes, sliced and quartered cucumber, kalamata olives or olive tapenade, EVOO + balsamic vinegar and voila! You can add cubed avocado for more protein as well.
- Smoked salmon with side of tzatziki and avocado or exchange the avocado for olive tapenade.
- More to come!
You may think, “Raw tofu? Yuck!”, but don’t be too quick to judge! This recipe is incredibly quick to make, delicious and healthy! I came up with this bowl during our week-long raw diet while living in a campervan in New Zealand for five weeks. It is vegan, gluten free, raw and paleo, and great for campervan living!
- Baby Kale (or the leaf base of your choice)
- ½ Avocado cubed
- Cherry tomatoes halved
- Raw Alfalfa sprouts
- Mung bean sprouts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Carrot, beet and cabbage salad (mix available at most grocery stores)
- Raw bean sprouts
- Raw tofu
- Soy Sauce
- Unpackage, pat dry with a paper towel, then cube the tofu.
- Place cubed tofu in bowl and pour soy sauce over to marinate. Mix the tofu and soy sauce in the bowl to evenly coat
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!
- For more dressing pour any remaining soy sauce from the tofu marinate over your salad.
- For more protein, add a soft boiled egg (or two!)